After Saskatoon’s current Ward 3 City Councillor announced she would not run for re-election, Nick Sackville contacted us to support his bid for the spot during the civic election. This project presented a unique opportunity to lean more on digital communications during the COVID-19 pandemic while mixing in more traditional communications strategies and tactics to tell Nick’s story.
- Date: July 8 to November 16, 2020
- Client: Nick Sackville, Saskatoon City Councillor candidate
- Skills: Strategic communications, digital communications, public relations, media relations, issues management, brand development, writing and editing.
- Website: nicksackville.com
Outcomes & Highlights
- While Nick was unsuccessful in winning the election, we catapulted an unknown candidate into second place in a field of eight candidates in total. Nick captured 869 votes in total, with a 40+ year media personality winning the seat in Ward 3 with just less than a 240 vote lead.
- Using web data, we were able to predict that Nick would capture approximately 900 votes towards the of the election.
- Nick received an ‘A’ grade from OUTSaskatoon on a report card evaluating candidate positions on 2SLGBTQ issues.
- Nick received endorsements from the Transit Union and the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF).